3.19.2012

Simon at 5 months

Technically Simon is 5 1/2 months old, but I regret not recording his first 4 months on this blog, so . . . here we go.

Simon's accomplishments:
Crawling . . . backwards
Rolling, during waking hours and sleep
Squawking and yelling "bababababababababah!" and once uttering "mama!" somewhere in there
Sitting up on his own for long periods of time when propped up
Two teeth coming in
A love affair with frozen bananas in a mesh feeder
His first ride in a grocery cart

Simon's unfortunate accomplishments:
Crawling . . . backwards
Flopping out of the Bumbo
Waking at 2:30 AM nightly to complain about the aforementioned two teeth coming in
An adamant displeasure for teethers

Simon's achievements in nobody's eyes but mine:
Sneezing and farting at the same time
Indifference to rice cereal, yet nevertheless eating it
Extreme excitement when LMFAO's "Sexy and I Know It" or Johnny Cash's "Tennessee Flattop Box" is played
Always wakes up bewildered and confused with furrowed eyebrows like he's had a bad dream . . . then sighs with relief and flashes a huge grin when he sees me . . . oh, Motherhood! I love thee so

4 comments:

  1. Snarting: the act of sneezing and farting simultaneously. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over how cute he is! He's still so little and snuggly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thoroughly enjoy when he smiles at me as I dance to Tennessee Flattop box. He's either making fun of me, or just finding it joyful the way I move.

    ReplyDelete