3.05.2012

Flora Fauna & Merryweather

If you want something bad enough, earn it. Anything worth doing will actually take time and discipline. I wanted to become a derby girl after watching Whip It. I wanted a $300 pair of Reidell skates to accomplish this dream. Instead I bought a $35 pair of Chicagos and told myself to go to the rink once a week until I could skate like mutha futha Van Halen. Needless to say, only one week at the rink and almost two years later, I did not earn those Reidells.

The first major I ever declared in college was photography, but I dropped it after I let the intimidation of my more-talented peers get to me. But I didn't give up photography altogether; Christmas of 2010 I bought myself a camera. I wanted a DSLR, but knew I needed to put in the effort for that price tag. So I bought a cheaper point & shoot with manual features so I could manual myself to the top of my game. One year and thousands of photos later, I earned myself my beloved Nikon, Annie.

I also had to earn Fauna, who made her spring debut a few days ago. The taste of summer draws nigh.

p.s. Yes, Simon is wearing a bibdana.

3 comments:

  1. You shouldn't have let those other students scare you because you take great photos! Do you use a tripod or have your hot man snap your pics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I'm the tripod. Not for any of the pics in this post. That was Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always reading, but I just never know what to say besides you are so damn cool.

    ReplyDelete