3.07.2012

All the Pretty Horses

Once on a job application I listed that I was good at telling jokes. The job was to work as an Activities Coordinator at the Jackson Lake Lodge in the Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming. Though I never imagined joke-telling would come up in the interview process, I should have known that being so cheeky on my application would come back to bite me. So when asked to tell my best joke, I suddenly reverted back to my 8 year old self.
Why did the toilet paper roll down the hill?
To get to the bottom.
Luckily, my soon-to-be new boss cracked up and hired me then and there, and I was soon advizing the good guests of Yellowstone's sister park on what were the best day hikes around Jackson Lake and the best BBQ in Jackson (Bubba's, just so you know).

Oh, and above are some photos from a personal art project I'm doing featuring the world's tiniest gang of plastic Mustangs. Here they are galloping across my entry table! I'll be documenting their journey through my home and other such places, so keep your eyes peeled for their antics and watch where you step - they're only just over an inch tall.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word. I would love to work in Jackson Hole! I'm sure you had the best time there. And I'm looking forward to seeing more horse pictures!

    ReplyDelete