3.02.2012

Nothing's gonna touch you in these golden years

I keep meaning to do a "fashion" post, or "what's in my bag" post, or "we walked around downtown" post, but every time we pull out the camera we only create fodder for "OMG look at Simon!" posts. Sorry about that. Once I get a camera strap and cover to protect my Nikon from all this Oregon rain you'll probably see more "life outside my house" posts. But, until then, OMG look at Simon!

Also, we finally got around to watching Midnight in Paris. Guys, I didn't know it was a magical, time travel film! I thought it was going to be a "now I'm sleeping with this person" kind of a film but NO. It was fabulous. Utterly charming. So good. I wonder what my "golden time" is? Owen may love 1920's Paris but I think I'd like to be part of those golden 1980's, Desperately Seeking Susan Madonna days. Not really, there's nothing golden about that time. Except Madonna's brassy hair.

4 comments:

  1. America in the 1960's. Oh what an exciting, topsy-turvy time! I probably begged the Lord to send me down to earth in time to be a young adult in the 60's, but He probably looked at me and said, "I want to put you in a time when you can keep my commandments." Which was wise. I don't think I would have stayed terribly active in the Church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE omg look at simon posts!! also, i loved midnight in paris. i need to just buy or rent it so i can watch it again even though i don't think david will enjoy it too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, so glad you loved it! It's one of my favorites! Like Owen, I would've loved 1920's Paris, bur I also love just about everything 1940's, as well as America in the 1970's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked "Midnight in Paris," too, although I think I need to watch it again when I'm alone -- my family is still here, and my mom was talking on the phone through half of it, so it was hard to focus. GAH. I'm pretty sure my golden time would be the '40s or '50s. I like the styles and music the best.

    ReplyDelete