5.30.2012

Two Brothers

Dear Mom (in-law),

Though I wasn't present for the raising of these two boys, I think I have an inkling of what the experience must have been like. At the moment I'm typing this, not a half hour ago was I struggling to put my own son down for bedtime. A boy who's usually known for being easygoing, especially at night. After three attempts at feeding, two bedtime stories, a diaper change, and one unfruitful snuggle session, Seve was the one who was able to calm him to sleep: by holding him tightly and spinning round and round in circles (er, gentle, slow circles . . . but spinning was definitely involved). Perhaps Simon is more like his father than I initially thought. He is fearless, after all - today he climbed the stairs for the first time. Up and down.

And all that singing? Must come from his uncle.

Though we're not sure where that duck-quack-witch-cackle laugh came from.

Missing you (and trying to find a way to get to Florida for Christmas this year),
Your daughter,
Jules

3 comments:

  1. Lovely. Just lovely. I can see a lot of Seve in Simon, and it's SO CUTE that he got him to sleep by turning in circles. Awww.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said, it's like you have three sons instead of one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart!! You have 3 Isaacs boys to raise up. Thank you for loving them and for giving us all Simon. You're the jewel (!) in this family crown. I LOVE YOU, DAUGHTER!!

    ReplyDelete