5.11.2012

Waste not

There were so many things I was up to in Texas that I have yet blog about. Namely how the best burgers in the world come from the Coyote Bluff Cafe in Amarillo, TX (featured on Travel Channel wut?!) and how we went to the zoo and spent most of our time in the air conditioned reptile room because it was so hot outside (and because reptiles are AWESOME). And my sister Jaclyn (featured above with the turtle) came to visit as well; it was the first time my immediate family had all been together in . . . how many years? 4? 5? Either way, too many.

Every once in a while this blogging thing feels like too much of an obligation and I'm tempted to just skip it, but then I look back through my archives and feel grateful for the trouble I took to document the times with my family. The posts about shoes or equestrian-themed swimwear don't warm my heart, but watching Simon grow up certainly does. In the past I longed to have a well-read blog about art or fashion or something, but now I've got bigger fish to fry and this blog is simply a sweet little outlet to reminisce. As the summer goes on I'll likely shift away from my rigid posting schedule because, you know, some days you just don't want to get on the computer. Especially warm, sunny ones. But in the meantime . . . another day, another blog post, another memory.

3 comments:

  1. That first picture reminds me of Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh equestrian swimwear. That's a yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you're posting so often! I can't get enough of Simon. You just lead a cool life. :)

    ReplyDelete