6.04.2012

Simon at 7 months

Simon begins his 8th month today! Here's a recap of his 7th month:

Simon's accomplishments:
Can climb up and down stairs.
Eating more solids: peas, bread bits, puff cereal, etc.
Cruising furniture to stand/walk - moves from couch to coffe table to stool, etc, all "walking."
Picks up binky and pops it back in his mouth whenever it falls out.
Loves the sippy now! Though he can't quite get a good grip on it . . .

Simon's unfortunate accomplishments:
Can climb up and down stairs.
Burps and farts sound like that of a burly adult male.
Wiggles like a maniac during diaper changes and when I get him dressed - he will hold still for no man.
No longer sleeping through the night. At all. Wakes up at random times, several times a night. Awful.
Screams when happy . . . sounds like a tortured duck quack. Big smile through the whole thing.
Clearly understands the word "no" . . .

Simon's achievements in nobody's eyes but mine:
Has "anime eyebrows," as my mother likes to refer to them. They move up and to the side like windshield wipers. It looks more normal than what I'm describing . . .
Absolute fascination with dresser knobs, shoes, and trash cans. I've got his first birthday in the bag.
Doesn't understand the concept of splashing; nevertheless loves baths (especially his rubber ducky).
Does this creaky attic door noise with his mouth when he's daydreaming . . . have no idea how to explain this.
Loves being part of the family at dinner time and out at resturants in his high chair. Always manages to prop a leg up on the table.

9 comments:

  1. I can't get enough photos of him. His blue eyes and reddish hair? Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That 3rd picture KIIIIILLS me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with another man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good ol' Simon. What a stud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed when I read the part about the burps and farts. Mostly because it's completely accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOLY HAIR WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those eyes! Oh my goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, I'm officially in love with Simon

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY WORD. He has the most amazing eyes. I love that he props his foot up on the table. So. cute.

    ReplyDelete