4.20.2012

Goodbye, Picnik

I'm trying to decide what I want out of this blog. Blog, what do I want out of you? What were you when you were born? What are you now? Will we still be friends when I'm 30? 40? Do you bring me joy? Do you challenge me? Have you replaced my private journal? Do you coax me out of my shell? Is that really what my hair looks like from the back? Should I get it cut? Layers? Bob? Perhaps some color? Ombre?

Got a little lost there.

For anyone bemoaning the demise of Picnik, I'd like to recommend Gimp. It's not as user-friendly as Picnik (there's no button directly titled "Blemish Fix"), but it's a free Photoshop-esque program and I use it for all my photos. It's totally worth the time it takes to play around and get to know it (and you can still fix all your blemishes if you so desire). Check it out here.

Or, and I'm not sure why this hasn't been expressly stated instead of merely hinted at, Picnik is simply being moved into Google+ and retitled Creative Kit, a transition that's been happening for some time. So if you haven't succumbed already, create a Google+ profile (you don't have to replace your Blogger profile . . . I linked and then unlinked them to make the process easier as far as transferring info went). When you're all set, select or upload the photo you'd like to edit and in the top left you'll see "Creative Kit." Enjoy.

BUT not every feature on Picnik has been moved over to Creative Kit - such as the Frames option (for making those round photos bloggers love so much). Perhaps that's why there aren't banners anywhere annoucing Creative Kit as the savior of Picnik . . . but it's rumored that all the other features will move over now that Picnik is officially closed. The rumor mill also suggests Picnik will soon be offered on CD for purchase. So, hmm.

2 comments:

  1. Your hair looks great from the back, and from the front, and from a sideways view too! I love it in the longer style you now wear it.
    And you'll have to teach me how to use these photoshop sites. They sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grow out the hair, ombre, long layers. Done.

    ReplyDelete