1.07.2010

Home again, home again

For those who haven't heard, the Kiev trip was less than stellar. The best way I can sum it up is in one particular experience: the electrichna, or electric train. It had plush seats, so we figured its overnight ride wouldn't be that bad. But the seats were back to back, and didn't recline. The frost on the windows extended to really being just lots of frost on the seats. That we were sitting on. And we were sitting by the doors, which couldn't lock and slid open and closed all night so we had snow hitting us in the face. And I didn't even get to sit with Seve. Instead I sat the whole ride next an old man who farted the whole time.

Le sigh.

But Kiev really was a beautiful, amazing city. And we were able to visit Lutsk, which I liked even better. I even made some pen pals.

Also, I started my job this week! To put my duties plainly: write scripts for ads, create flyers, design brochures, write customer case studies, look up 100 trade shows to attend this year, create a Big Idea for our sponsored baseball event in June, create PR buzz for our official release of . . . shh! It's a secret. On a funnier note, I also update the Twitter, our official Blog, and maintain the Facebook.

Coming back to America has been a big whirlwind, though.

2 comments:

  1. oh, and congrats on the new job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, i just saw that you follow my blog! well, this makes me look like a super stalker, but i linked to your blog from carrie's and i come check it out every now and then :) i wanted to tell you that i super enjoyed your top 15 of 2009 post, and your apartment sounds awesome. i live in a 100 year old building, too, and it makes me feel special that my apartment is different from everyone else's!!

    ReplyDelete