1.22.2010

Express Yourself (hey hey)

Dear Mid-January,

You've been good to me.

I've never seen Glee, but apparently an all-Madonna episode is coming up (thank you, Gawker).


I love Madonna. Not the current Madonna, but the 1991, Blonde Ambition, Girlie Show Madonna. You know, pointy booby bra and all that. And though I consider myself a pretty reserved, conservative person, the risqué Truth or Dare doesn't really bother me. It's more funny than anything. I don't consider sex in art to be pushing the envelope, because you can only go so far until the "surprise" is ruined and everything's just kind of said and done. It's limited material. I think sex in the media doesn't make it bad, it makes it trivial. That being said, Madonna's erotic antics of the 90's were super silly and it just . . cracks me up, haha.

I also love Michael Jackson. I grew up on Moonwalker.


1 comment: