9.27.2012

Simon at 11 months

It's not easy for me to focus on the 11-month mark without wanting to burst from the joy that I have an almost-one-year-old. I can't believe it! Didn't we just back from the hospital with him?

Simon's accomplishments:
Walking. Straight up WALKING. Everywhere, all the time, no more crawling.
Loves reading time. Always willing to curl up with me and read a book.
Dances to music, and head bangs. Really likes the Temper Trap.
Says "uh oh" whenever he drops something.
Doesn't like to be fed by us anymore, wants to handle and eat food on his own.

Simon's unfortunate accomplishments:
Refuses to take our hands when walking. Good, I guess? Being independent and all?
Loves the library. Bad because he loves telling me how much he loves it, "OH, WE'RE AT THE LIBRARY? G'UNH BLER BOPPDITTY BUH LIBRARY LIBRARY HI EVERYONE." Yeah.
Tries to take off his diaper a lot.
Had his first cold a few days ago. He was so miserable, I cried about as much as he did.
A lot more fussy lately. Between growing pains and the move, and I'm not always able calm him down.

Simon's achievements in nobody's eyes but mine:
His favorite toy seems to be his toothbrush.
Fascinated by all the cars on the busy street we live on.
Plays with this singing bear doll we got him; presses the paws constantly to change songs likes he's unsatisfied with the playlist.
These red skinny we got him. So cute.
He's constantly confused for a girl. I'm always told how pretty he is; that's what I get for dressing him so flamboyantly, I suppose. We're not wringing out hands over it, though.

2 comments:

  1. He's pretty much the coolest kid ever. Where do you get his rad clothes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 11 months! He's coming right along with the milestones. How are you adjusting to staying at home?

    ReplyDelete