9.14.2012

Simon at 10 months

The day before our move, we let Simon create some original works of art for the loved ones he was leaving behind. So he Pollocked it up in the driveway.

Simon's accomplishments:
Eats with a spoon (though he tends to dump the contents before they reach his mouth).
Can stand up completely on his own, without assistance getting up, for 2-3 seconds.
Only needs to hold one hand now while walking (in fact, he gets mad if you try to grab the other hand).
Biting has stopped, hallelujah.
Nap time has returned!

Simon's unfortunate accomplishments:
Knows what "no" means . . . and will often times do the "no" anyway.
Has started this fake crying thing when he wants attention. Sounds so different from his real cry. Sometimes I give in anyway (which is bad! I know!) because . . .
Has started to hate cuddling. This is terrible.
Fights sleep tooth & nail.
Hates it when I dress him. Would rather be naked.

Simon's achievements in nobody's eyes but mine:
Talks (and snorts) in his sleep.
Says "g'unh g'unh g'unh" all the time.
Will cuddle if a movie is involved.
Often makes "declarations:" yelling while holding his hand up, index finger extended.
Loves being outside and walking/crawling in grass.

7 comments:

  1. Simon can give me his original art anytime! He looks like an artist in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I love that little boy. I sure wish we lived closer, Jack and Simon would be best buds! The painting pictures are to die for. Miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I have kids, I want two things. One, to let them Pollock it up like this, and two, for you to follow us around for the first year of their life and take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how cute he is! And you take fabulous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm....I'm thinking Mr. Isaacs could teach Mr. Pollock a thing or two about playing in the paint. These pictures are so joyous. You captured him so well (as usual) and I can hear him jabbering as he plays in the paint. Lindsay's right, you take fabulous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, tearing up a little bit again....his painting hangs in my room, and may I just say.....it's glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jules (and Seve)! I just found this via Seve's facebook post. I read the whole thing! It was so fun to see what you have all been up to. Jules, you take the most gorgeous photos. Simon is the most adorable conglomeration of the two of you. And also, I love your long hair!

    We miss the Isaacs, and we're so glad Seve got a job and you're getting settled. Hope we see you sometime again.

    Love,
    the Paces

    ReplyDelete