2.10.2012

Nooky Wook

Whenever asked what the greatest gift I've been given is, I usually stumble and say "life," or "cake?", but this past Christmas changed all that when my mother-in-law bought Seve and me a Nook. I'll admit to having hogged the thing since we got it, which Seve has made fun of me for since I'd previously been known to rant: "What's the point of an eReader when I already have a laptop and smartphone and can just download a book app?" I'll tell you the point: books are cheaper on eReaders. If you're not into reading often, the price of the eReader itself might negate that, but if you're like me and have a penchant for John Green or you're like Seve with a penchant for R.A. Salvatore, and, of course, when the eReader is a gift, then a Nook (or that other fire-related reader) is right up your alley.

I love our Nook. I think Russel Brand titled his autobiography "My Booky Wook," and likewise I call my greatest gift ever received my "Nooky Wook." Oh, Nooky Wook! I love you. Thanks, Mom!

P.S. friend me on Goodreads!

4 comments:

  1. You look beautiful!!! Like a picture out of a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE your Nook's cover! And I'm glad to hear something positive about it. Too many people discount it because they can just get an iPad. Thank you also for your kind words about my family. I took the post down because my sister was upset about it, but I think it helps sometimes to share personal news like that because people become aware of the illnesses that affect others. Anyway, thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you buy your ebooks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a "Shop" option on the Nook itself where you browse ebooks on the B&N online store. They download directly to the Nook. New releases aren't terribly cheap; they're all typically $9.99. Older titles can be as cheap as $2.99, and they have an "Under $5" section with some popular titles.

      Delete