1.27.2012

Shadow people go

The move to Portland approaches. It's crept into our lives in the form of boxes stacked high in our living room and our refrigerator becoming bare. We already feel like we're there since it's been raining nonstop here in Boise - but I'm more than ready to leave Idaho behind and start our new chapter. Though it feels like I'm backtracking since I lived in Portland for several years before moving to Idaho.

We're not laying down permanent stakes in Portland; the move is temporary. We're housesitting for family and building a nest egg for the Next Big Step. Seve is still applying all over the country now that he's graduated and finished his student teaching. An opportunity in North Carolina just closed, but I think we're fine with that. I personally hope we end up in one of the opportunities in Memphis, or Baltimore. I'm ready for something completely new for our little family. And it will be nice to give Simon a sense of permanence, since I moved all the time as kid, being a military brat and all. But, then again, that shaped me to enjoy a good move - from South Korea to Nevada and then some. I want him to feel comfortable in some globe-trotting shoes, too (so perhaps we'll do Harlem, heh heh).

5 comments:

  1. Portland?! Your new camera is doing a good job. I love this post so much, it makes me want a baby (to take photos with).

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've gotta be kidding me with these pictures. they're gorgeous!! they belong in a frame! a magazine! and i still can't get over what a little grown-up simon looks like. he's just darling. i want to hug him and squeeze him and never give him back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Simon might be getting cuter. Like, every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's my wee man of a nephew! Cannot wait to see that droolmeiser! Absolutely cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the pictures and your cowl. So cute!

    ReplyDelete