1.18.2012

Sans Josephine

So, everybody: I finally got a new camera! It feels so good to finally accomplish what I want in photography. Or at least come close to it. I'm having a lot of fun learning and tinkering around. And I've named her Annie, of course.

I "earned" Annie by trading in old hobbies for new ones, i.e. selling my guitars for this Nikon and lens. While it was hard to let my favorite guitar go (Josephine, as detailed in the previous post) I didn't want to develop the bad habit of hanging on to expensive hobbies by way of storing them in the closet solely for sentimental reasons, knowing full well I wouldn't return to them. I worry my longboards will reach this status someday, only the upcoming summer will tell.

Oh, and we're moving to Portland. (!!!)

8 comments:

  1. Portland, hu??? Very exciting! Good luck with your move, when it comes. And good luck with your new hobbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I mean hobby...hobbie's cool too...now hobby looks really weird. HHHoooobbbbbeeeeeee. Yeah, it's kind of a weird word.

    Hobby

    ReplyDelete
  3. portland?? thats awesome!! dont you dare say youll quit longboarding! how are simon and jack (and us of course) ever supposed to longboard together when we move over there??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You'll love Portland. Congratulations! That's exciting news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yessssss. Oh, and did you dye your hair? It looks lighter. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for you guys to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the middle picture is very Angelina Jolie!

    ReplyDelete