1.03.2012

The Dark Year

2011 was a strange year, filled with hardships and joy alike. It was the Year of Pregnant, which was terrible, but also the Year of Simon, which was wonderful. It was the Year of Graduation (Seve), the Year of New Ad Agency (me) and the Year of Finally Leaving Rexburg (both wonderful and terrible). It was also a year of much personal tragedy for my family, which I've never quite brought myself to blog about.

So far, I don't like 2012. It's brought me an egged car, strangers reaching into my purse, and what looks to be a bad ending for Ben on his Bachelor "journey." Also, someone ripped open the packages left on our doorstep during our Christmas holiday in Portland and we're still trying to figure out just what they stole, if anything (guess they weren't keen on my father-in-law's gift of honey jars).

But it's only been 3 days, perhaps things will perk up soon.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word...I am so so so sorry that is absolutely terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerks. Well as long as we see you again in 2012, the year will be joyous! Are you watching "The Bachelor"? I've given up on the show. Too much cheese, not enough literal "Reality" as promised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, Jules! What an awful way to start the year. So far 2012 has sucked for me, too. I hope you have a better week! Go snuggle that adorable baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sort of hate the beginning of the year, so much expectation for it to be "the best year everrrrrrrr!" I've never been good with expectations.

    ReplyDelete