9.07.2010

These dreams are ours for the taking

I was previously working on a Little List of my "must-haves" for fall fashion, but decided to get a little more serious here and wax poetic about autumn-colored accessories later.

My husband and I have been discussing finances, like any married couple, and reevaluating our spending, savings, when to get a new car, etc. After reading an article about the ideal amount of money to make to achieve happiness, it all had me realize I made more than I thought.

I'm not Mrs. Money Bags by any means, but I'd like to express my gratitude for the salary I do make. I remember stressing in college over that concept: salary. Would I ever achieve it? Would I ever pass the class to get the degree to get the job to get the money to get the bread to put on the table? I'm here to tell my college-attending friends that the dream is attainable.

According to that article, I definitely have yet to achieve happiness, but after reading the comments it really put into perspective how much I make as a copywriter. Not only am I doing what I love (writing for a living) but I make a decent amount to take care of me and my own, and prepare for Seve's future doing what he loves. And for that I'm very grateful.

Time to put out a news release!

image via Liesl Pfeffer

2 comments:

  1. My friend recently sent me this article: http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/110275/but-will-it-make-you-happy

    It's true. It's not how much you have. It's what you do with what you already have. I'm required to be poor this year, and I'm just fine with what I'm making...maybe even happier than I should be :)

    Hope you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading about a lady who only wore one dress every day for a year. She bought two sweaters and occasionally wore accessories. I give a standing ovation to people like that.

    ReplyDelete