7.14.2010

We walked arm in arm

Natasha Khan of Bat For Lashes is one of my favorite artists. Khan writes dark, romantic songs with a gothic quality, sans the Hot Topic variety. She sings about wizards, mystical horses, and knights--and I'm just waiting for a unicorn song to rear its beautiful head. When she performs on stage she really dresses the part, wearing the likes of Indian headdresses, wings, or antlers and projecting the image of a wolf howling at the moon behind her. I eat that stuff up.

I've written about my love for Bat For Lashes before, but I've got to ask, is anyone else a fan? Seems like I'm the only one among my circle of friends who even really listens to her.

My brother-in-law studying theatre at BYU had to watch this music video for a narrative/storytelling class:



1 comment:

  1. "sans the Hot Topic variety." LOL! love it. i also LOVED the 'what's a girl to do?' music video when i first saw it, and i haven't seen it for a while! so thanks for posting :) i've never really listened to bat for lashes outside of that video, though...i'll have to check out more of their stuff.

    ReplyDelete