9.19.2011

Seve surprised me by playing the Duran Duran station on Pandora yesterday

I'm taking an online art class this semester (as though having a baby won't keep me busy enough). It's weird to be back in class mode after two years, but I'm enjoying it so far. I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this class; I was hoping for the opportunity to improve my quirky people/animal drawings but from the syllabus it seems I'll be doing line drawings and shading in still lifes (i.e. fruit arrangements) all semester. Oh, well.

To make the class more interesting, I've decided to draw predictions of what I think my classmates look like. The first week we were required to post a short 'about me' along with a photograph. I resisted the temptation to view the photos first and managed a few silly ones which I'll post below, along with some quotes:

"I have always loved to draw, especially fantastical creatures, dragons, trolls, elves, etc..."


"I worked for eight years as a fashion illustrator and art director for a company that specialized in skin-care and personal style for women . . . I then decided to become an art teacher."


"I'm a Graphic Design major, but I'm really only playing with that idea."


"My name is Talia. You may not pronounce my name right because I correct people about my name all the time."


"I'm an Australian-Texan. I'm addicted to soft things and I make strange sounds a lot. I can make the ugliest face you have ever seen. Oh and I got kicked by a kangaroo when I was little. Haha."

And here's my preliminary sketch for the shaded line drawing I did last week, which is based on a photograph of a piece of cake on a plate and accompanying cup:

2 comments: