7.15.2011

Strange love, strange misery

This summer has been so wonderful, I don't want it to end.

It all really hit me the other night at my baby shower (pictures to come soon; thank you Chelse & Kenz!) that we'll be leaving Rexburg in a month and closing a pretty significant chapter of our lives. We’ve been compiling a bucket list of things to do one last time before we leave (Big Jud’s, Yellowstone, Slide Hill) and things we’re surprised we’ve never done in the first place out here (sand dunes, caves, Mesa Falls).

More importantly, we’ve been reminiscing on things we’ve already done, whether we would have thought to include them on a bucket list or not. Like one time when I walked straight into a moose's snout, or when I longboarded down a hill in a bikini only to roll my ankle. Or our first date to the Teton Flood Museum where I talked the whole time and Seve laughed at all my dumb jokes. When Seve had to shave the top of his head for a play, but keep the sides long and bleached. When we camped on the roof of our building, when we saw Joshua James, when we flung water balloons into an unsuspecting baseball game, when we snuck around the Ferrin Heights apartment building only to later get married and become tenants there.

It was always strange to watch friends move away one by one, though that's the nature of things in a college town. Now it's our turn.

Rexburg, I’ll miss you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not going to sugar coat this and say it's easy to leave, because quite frankly, its been one of the hardest things. Buuuut, with that said, it makes our friendship and any other great friendship and memory that much more meaningful. love you Jules.

    ReplyDelete