10.31.2013

Don't make no deals with the devil

Some shots from Seve's production of Tales of Terror from the Tragic Valley. The annual show contains several vignettes all centered on a theme, this year's being The Twilight Zone. These particular shots are from a scene about a man unsuccessfully trying to kill himself after receiving immortality from the devil. He had tried to throw himself off a building, and when his wife tried to stop him, threw her instead. Thus, you know, jail.

K let's play GUESS WHO.

Guess who went to the wrong address for her new visiting teach-ee? Guess who walked up the driveway to find a man passed out in the yard? Guess who called out "Sir? Sir?" and when she didn't receive a response went up the rest of the way to ring the doorbell in case the man was just the teach-ee's wayward son? Guess who encountered a very unhappy Saint Bernard on her way back to the car when no one answered the door? Guess who called her VT partner in a panic over the whole situation once safely to her car? Guess whose VT partner was confused at her worry because she was picturing this girl trembling in fear at the actual dog of their teach-ee, a Pomeranian? GUESS WHO

Guess who ended up hating his Thomas the Tank Engine costume even though it's his favorite show? Even though he picked it out at the store, even though he's foregoed all titles such as "Mama" and "Dada" and instead simply refers to everyone as "Thomas?" Guess who's mother will now be going as a train for Halloween because she lost the receipt and can't return the costume and doesn't want it to go to waste? GUESS WHO

Guess who ate nothing but pizza and caramel popcorn today because it's my life why not? Guess who now feels like they want to die and throw up all over the living room and kitchen and bathroom and did I mention die? GUESS WHOOOOO

Well, that was a fun game.

ps HAPPY HALLOWEEN

4 comments:

  1. The play looks great. Wish I could've seen it. Now, I'm going to go out on a limb and take a wild guess as to who did all of those crazy things listed above: #1 YOU #2 Simon and #3 YOU
    And I must say you looked quite cute as a tank engine! Go figure. And now I'm going to go eat pizza and caramel popcorn because it sounds good and I, too, say why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! I'm Heather and I was wondering if you could answer a question I have about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no! I always pulled up to the wrong house when we were visiting teaching one lady because it was SUPER hard to find in the dark and was on a busy street — and my companion was a jerk and always made me feel really dumb. Visiting teaching can be SO stressful. I feel you.

    ReplyDelete