7.25.2012

Simon at 8 months

I'm so behind in posting these! In about 2 weeks Simon will be 10 months old, so the rest of his monthlies will be pretty back to back until I'm all caught up.

Simon's accomplishments:
Loves his walker . . . when he can steer it.
Saying "Mama!" now, though I'm pretty sure he thinks it means "food."
Loves his kiddie pool. Crawls out of it and onto the grass, then back in, then onto the grass, back in, repeat.
Great around strangers/people he's meeting for the first time. Very smiley and sociable. Loves his Uncle Ed.
A lightening fast crawler/cruiser.

Simon's unfortunate accomplishments:
Pinching, pulling biting. UGH THE BITING.
Had this brief screaming phase . . . happy or sad.
Grinding his teeth. It's nuts. He has 6 of them now.
Getting into drawers and cupboards, which of course means pinching his fingers.
Always sticking out his tongue . . . so drooly.

Simon's achievements in nobody's eyes but mine:
Sleeps on his tummy. Been doing since 3 months, thought I'd mention it now.
Holds up his arms to show me he wants to be picked up.
Talks to himself. All. The. Time.
Does that "buh buh buh" thing to his own lips now.
Loves playing with the phone when Grandma Soni calls . . . and hanging up on her.
Prefers tart to sweet flavors. Really loves lemon.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh. This kid kills me! His impish smile is just adorable. Can't believe he's already that big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that boy. And I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I giggled when I read the part about him hanging up on his Grandma. That's just too Simon. "Pay attention to me. Now." That's exactly what it says.

    ReplyDelete