11.19.2009

No I in Team. Unless it's the new iTeam app!

Had my job interview today. And. it. was.

Awesome.

Can't wait to hear back about it.

I was so nervous for it. Nervous that I'd have technical difficulty being in Russia and all. Nervous I'd stutter or something, since it was a phone interview and my voice was the only human thing about me they could get to know aside from my resume.

In preparing for this interview, I learned a lot about myself. Like how much I love writing, and how it really is my greatest strength. Not as in "poems are PR33TY" but as in press releases and advertising copy. I love researching and writing that stuff, conveying the right image to the right audience, selling a product/person/idea through my words, writing scripts, coming up with Big Ideas. Writing "Adam Sandler wouldn't be caught dead with it" in order to sell classy men's deodorant. I'm into that stuff.

I realized how much I love to work. How the idea of getting up early and into my black pencil skirt gets me giddy. Like, semi-colon winky face giddy.

;-).

The idea of heading to the office with my cup of not-Joe because I'm Mormon and getting ready to get down to business and work just makes me feel so fulfilled. And working with a team. No really, I love that. Being a "team player." Some people love football, I'm the office-team kind of fan. Go team go. I did work with the AAF and it stole my heart away.

I also realized (more like remembered) how I'm a much better writer than I am a speaker. Oftentimes I over prepare for things and have so much excellent information to deliver I can't decide what to focus on and end up, well, blabbering. Example: my Keds case study is a highlight of my college career, and while I received an A++ on it, the presentation part of my grade was basically a question mark from my professor. After both viewing my presentation and reading my case study, she remarked how she couldn't believe she'd missed [insert great aspect of case study here] from my presentation because she really loved reading about it in the case study. In response, I awkwardly laughed this off while cringing on the inside because I'd obviously made my pearls look like swine upon their delivery.

Today I cast my pearls before some very not-swine-at-all professionals and forgot that I had more pearls I could have, you know, cast. Because of my over-preparation and too-much-material issues. The interview went well but I can't help but second guess myself.

College has filled my head with all kinds of aspirations so let's hope these dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment