11.02.2009

Everyone's got sweet shoes here

My husband and I are visiting St. Petersburg this week. While on our way to the Russian Museum and St. Isaac's Cathedral (ha, yeah!) we exited the wrong end of our metro stop and found neither. No worries, we ventured and explored and found a hipster junk-made-into-stuff store. They sold clocks made out of bicycle parts, knitted dolls, earrings made out of single kopecks (that, ironically, cost 7000 kopecks) and a computer-keyboard guitar.


Think of a regular keytar, only instead of a musical keyboard it's the kind you're currently typing on. All the employees had asymmetrical haircuts and some not-quite-techno, not-quite-folk music was playing. I tell ya, this is the Russia that tugs on my heartstrings. More on that later. Also, we saw that awesome new Michael Jackson film. Also, I'm excited to see Whip It when I get back to the States. Catch the tie-in? Oh, so witty.

No comments:

Post a Comment